While eWorker cares most of all about helping developers and designers find jobs they love, we care equally about helping them thrive in their careers. Our goal is to create content around career development and advice, work life balance, programming, tech trends and leadership. So basically, you could:
- Talk about your career: What are some of the challenges you face? Why? What are some of the challenges you have overcome? How? We like anecdotes, hard facts, observations, opinions, e.t.c
- Talk about life around code. Open source, productivity tips, the list goes on… at the bottom of the page.
We want to hear from you! If you have something to say about any of these topics, find below some useful guidelines.
- Write for our audience: Our audience are developers and designers of all level, CTOs, engineering managers.
- Be original: Originality is key. That doesn’t mean you have to find something which has zero results on Google.
- That which stands out: We love content that starts or advances a conversation, explores new ideas or opinions, and backs up its claims (so include links where possible or appropriate).
- Me, myself and I: Talk from personal experience, make it understandable.
- How long should it be? Try and write for no less than 3 minutes reading time — that’s around 900 words.
Review and editing process:
- Please allow us some time to review your submission. We aim to do so within two weeks.
- Everything that we receive may be edited by our editors for style, tone or substance. In this case, headlines and subheadings may change and links may be added for greater context. Please don’t be offended by this — we just want to make every post we publish as successful as possible.
- While we will do all we can to ensure that your piece is right for publication on our platform, it is not guaranteed.
How to submit content:
- Please send your piece to the email address [email protected]
- Attach your article as a Google Docs link and attach any accompanying images to the email.
- Attach a profile picture and a short bio.
- Write ‘eWorker Submission’ in the subject line.
- If we’ve accepted your submission, we’ll let you know when it will be published.
Need more ideas? Although you are not limited to these, here is more comprehensive list of topics you could write about:
- Conflict resolution
- Feedback and reviews
- Strategy and KPIs
- Team management
- Leadership skills
- Organisational/team design
- Different roles (ie. What is a cloud engineer, full stack developer explained, etc.)
- Resumes & CVs
- Remote work
- How to get a job/get hired
- Agile framework
- Front end development
- Back end development
- Programming languages
- Open Source
- Machine learning
- Augmented reality
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet Culture
Work Life Balance
- Work motivation
- Working from home
- Imposter syndrome
- Work life balance and happiness
Feel free to share and refer those who would love to partake in this.